Monday, August 6, 2001 at 7 p.m.
City Council Chambers
734 Third Street
Brentwood, CA 94513
CALL TO ORDER:
PRESENTATION: Thank you to Cindy Billings for coloring contest
CITIZEN COMMENTS: PERSONS ADDRESSING THE YOUTH COMMISSION ARE
REQUIRED TO LIMIT THEIR REMARKS TO FIVE (5) MINUTES UNLESS AN EXTENSION
OF TIME IS GRANTED BY THE CHAIR SUBJECT TO APPROVAL OF THE YOUTH COMMISSION.
FOR THE RECORD, FILE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS WITH THE CHAIR ON THE FORM
PROVIDED AT THE PODIUM. SPEAKERS DESIRING ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS SHOULD
DIRECT SAME TO THE YOUTH COMMISSION AND, IF RELEVANT, THE COMMISSION MAY
DIRECT SAME TO APPROPRIATE MEMBER FOR REPORT.
CONSENT CALENDAR: ALL MATTERS LISTED ON THE CONSENT CALENDAR SECTION
WILL BE CONSIDERED ROUTINE BY THE COMMISSION AND WILL BE ENACTED BY ONE
MOTION. THERE WILL BE NO SEPARATE DISCUSSIONS OF THESE ITEMS. IF DISCUSSION
IS REQUIRED, THAT PARTICULAR ITEM WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT CALENDAR
SECTION AND WILL BE CONSIDERED SEPARATELY.
1. Approval of minutes of regular meeting on July 2, 2001.
2. Accept update from the Contra Costa County Tobacco Prevention Project.
3. Accept California Healthy Cities and Communities Article “Youth Cut
Their Own Path to Progress in ABC Communities”.
4. Discussion of formal policy on children, youth and families (C. Bronzan
/ P. Scherff).
5. Update on Youth Commission Survey (P. Scherff).
6. Discussion of California Coastal delta clean up day (P. Scherff)
7. Update on August Pool Party (T. Taylor / Subcommittee).
8. Discussion and recommendations on tractor races and coloring contest
to be submitted to Chamber of Commerce (P. Scherff).
9. Discussion of Salinas Youth Commission meeting (Commissioners).
10. Update on Skate Park (P. Scherff).
11. Update on Youth Commission Scholarship (P. Scherff / C. Brown).
12. Review of Commission applications (P. Scherff).
13. Update on Fright Fest (P. Scherff).
14. Discussion of upcoming ski trip (P. Scherff).
15. Discussion of upcoming Homecoming Parade (P. Scherff).
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
N O T I C E
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE CITY OF BRENTWOOD TO OFFER ITS PUBLIC PROGRAMS,
SERVICES, MEETINGS AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN A MANNER WHICH IS READILY
ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE, INCLUDING PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. THIS IS IN
COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICAN’S WITH DISABILITIES ACT (28 CFR 35.102-35.104
ADA TITLE). IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE TO ENSURE YOUR FULL PARTICIPATION IN
ANY PUBLIC PROGRAM, SERVICE, MEETING OR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE
CONTACT THE CITY’S CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL, LOUIS R. KIDWELL (925) 634-6905.
INFORMATION REGARDING THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (42 U.S.C. SECTION
12101 ET SEQ.) IS ALSO AVAILABLE THROUGH THE CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL.
NOTIFICATION 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE OF ANY NEED FOR ASSISTANCE WILL ENABLE
THE CITY TO MAKE REASONABLE ARRANGEMENTS TO ENSURE ACCESSIBILITY.