Monday, November 4, 2002 at 7:00 p.m.
City Council Chambers
734 Third Street
Brentwood, CA 94513
CALL TO ORDER:
PRESENTATION: Reach Alliance Services – Youth for Positive Change
CITIZEN COMMENTS: PERSONS ADDRESSING THE YOUTH COMMISSION ARE REQUIRED TO LIMIT THEIR REMARKS TO FIVE (5) MINUTES UNLESS AN EXTENSION OF TIME IS GRANTED BY THE CHAIR SUBJECT TO APPROVAL OF THE YOUTH COMMISSION. FOR THE RECORD, FILE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS WITH THE CHAIR ON THE FORM PROVIDED AT THE PODIUM. SPEAKERS DESIRING ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS SHOULD DIRECT SAME TO THE YOUTH COMMISSION AND, IF RELEVANT, THE COMMISSION MAY DIRECT SAME TO APPROPRIATE MEMBER FOR REPORT.
CONSENT CALENDAR: ALL MATTERS LISTED ON THE CONSENT CALENDAR SECTION WILL BE CONSIDERED ROUTINE BY THE COMMISSION AND WILL BE ENACTED BY ONE MOTION. THERE WILL BE NO SEPARATE DISCUSSIONS OF THESE ITEMS. IF DISCUSSION IS REQUIRED, THAT PARTICULAR ITEM WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT CALENDAR SECTION AND WILL BE CONSIDERED SEPARATELY.
1. Approval of minutes of Regular Meeting on October 14, 2002.
2. Accept calendar of schedule meetings for 2003 (P. Scherff).
3. Accept calendar of scheduled events for 2003 (P. Scherff).
4. Accept final Youth Commission Scholarship application (P. Scherff).
5. Discussion of Hometown Halloween (B. Bryant/C. Fredenberg/B. Fredenberg).
6. Review of draft letter of Team Building with San Jose and Livermore Youth Commissions (B. Bryant).
7. Discussion of Snow Park (P. Scherff).
8. Discussion of December meeting (P. Scherff).
9. Discussion of City Council workshop of October 22nd (P. Scherff).
10. Discuss Phase I (Teen Crisis Referral Card) of Youth Master Plan (P. Scherff).
11. Election of officers (P. Scherff).
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
N O T I C E
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE CITY OF BRENTWOOD TO OFFER ITS PUBLIC PROGRAMS, SERVICES, MEETINGS AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN A MANNER WHICH IS READILY ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE, INCLUDING PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. THIS IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICAN’S WITH DISABILITIES ACT (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA TITLE). IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE TO ENSURE YOUR FULL PARTICIPATION IN ANY PUBLIC PROGRAM, SERVICE, MEETING OR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE CONTACT THE CITY’S CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL, LOUIS R. KIDWELL (925) 634-6905. INFORMATION REGARDING THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (42 U.S.C. SECTION 12101 ET SEQ.) IS ALSO AVAILABLE THROUGH THE CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL. NOTIFICATION 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE OF ANY NEED FOR ASSISTANCE WILL ENABLE THE CITY TO MAKE REASONABLE ARRANGEMENTS TO ENSURE ACCESSIBILITY.
City of Brentwood Youth Commission
35 Oak Street
Brentwood, CA 94513
Fax (925) 516-5445