Monday, March 3, 2003 at 7:00 p.m.
City Council Chambers
734 Third Street
Brentwood, CA 94513
CALL TO ORDER:
PRESENATION: Terrissa Hein regarding Cornfest Children’s Area
CITIZEN COMMENTS: PERSONS ADDRESSING THE YOUTH COMMISSION ARE REQUIRED TO LIMIT THEIR REMARKS TO FIVE (5) MINUTES UNLESS AN EXTENSION OF TIME IS GRANTED BY THE CHAIR SUBJECT TO APPROVAL OF THE YOUTH COMMISSION. FOR THE RECORD, FILE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS WITH THE CHAIR ON THE FORM PROVIDED AT THE PODIUM. SPEAKERS DESIRING ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS SHOULD DIRECT SAME TO THE YOUTH COMMISSION AND, IF RELEVANT, THE COMMISSION MAY DIRECT SAME TO APPROPRIATE MEMBER FOR REPORT.
CONSENT CALENDAR: ALL MATTERS LISTED ON THE CONSENT CALENDAR SECTION WILL BE CONSIDERED ROUTINE BY THE COMMISSION AND WILL BE ENACTED BY ONE MOTION. THERE WILL BE NO SEPARATE DISCUSSIONS OF THESE ITEMS. IF DISCUSSION IS REQUIRED, THAT PARTICULAR ITEM WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT CALENDAR SECTION AND WILL BE CONSIDERED SEPARATELY.
1. Approval of minutes of Regular Meeting on February 3, 2003.
2. Discussion of participation in Cornfest Children’s Area and appointment of a subcommittee or liaison for the Cornfest (P. Scherff).
3. Update of Ski Trips (T. Brinkman).
4. Update on CPRS Conference and collection of permission slips (P. Scherff).
5. Discussion of meeting with Liberty Union High School District on February 26, 2003 (C. Fredenberg)
6. Discussion of Spring to Life Fun Run in April (P. Scherff/C. Hammers/B. Fredenberg/C. Fredenberg/T. Brinkman).
7. Discussion and request for volunteers for Lunch with Bunny scheduled for April 12, 2003 (P. Scherff).
8. Update on Team Building with San Jose and Livermore Youth Commissions (P. Scherff).
9. Discussion on recruitment of new commissioners (P. Scherff).
10. Update on Youth Scholarship and possibility of extending deadline for applications (P. Scherff).
11. Discussion on possible modifications to Youth Commission Bylaws to posssibly include age requirements (D. Lang).
12. Update from Commissioners on their individual topics that were assigned for the Teen Crisis Referral Card (P. Scherff).
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
N O T I C E
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE CITY OF BRENTWOOD TO OFFER ITS PUBLIC PROGRAMS, SERVICES, MEETINGS AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN A MANNER WHICH IS READILY ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE, INCLUDING PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. THIS IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICAN’S WITH DISABILITIES ACT (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA TITLE). IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE TO ENSURE YOUR FULL PARTICIPATION IN ANY PUBLIC PROGRAM, SERVICE, MEETING OR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE CONTACT THE CITY’S CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL, LOUIS R. KIDWELL (925) 634-6905. INFORMATION REGARDING THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (42 U.S.C. SECTION 12101 ET SEQ.) IS ALSO AVAILABLE THROUGH THE CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL. NOTIFICATION 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE OF ANY NEED FOR ASSISTANCE WILL ENABLE THE CITY TO MAKE REASONABLE ARRANGEMENTS TO ENSURE ACCESSIBILITY.
City of Brentwood Youth Commission
35 Oak Street
Brentwood, CA 94513
Fax (925) 516-5445