City of Brentwood
Home PageContact Us!Back

Public Works                                                                                                                         

Public Works Department - Engineering Division - Traffic Engineering
Home Public Works Engineering Division Traffic Engineering Transportation Permits for Oversized Vehicles
Transportation Permits for Oversized Vehicles

Oversize load encroachment permits shall be carried in the vehicle at all times.
You must obtain a Transportation Permit if:

  • The vehicle/load exceeds 14' in height
  • The vehicle/load exceeds 8' in width
  • The vehicle/load exceeds 65' in length

How to Obtain a City Issued Transportation Permit

The following items must be submitted to the City of Brentwood Engineering Department prior to the approval of a transportation permit:

  • Traffic-Oversize Load Permit Application*
  • Certificate of Liability Insurance - Must have City of Brentwood as Additional Insured, and general Liability must be at least $1,000,000.00. Certificate of Liability Insurance must include additional insured endorsement.
  • Any other permits you have, ie, Caltrans, Bypass, County.
  • $16.00 permit fee. Permit fee can be paid with a credit card or check. If you are paying by credit card please fax the credit card number and expiration date with your application. If you prefer to pay by check please fax a copy of the check in your application.

* Please do not write your route on the permit application. Include your requested route on your fax cover sheet.

Please fax your permit application to the City of Brentwood's Engineering Department at (925) 516-5421. Please allow 24-48 hours for city processing.

If you have any questions please contact the City of Brentwood's Engineering Department at (925) 516-5420.

Helpful Links:

Municipal Code

  • Section 10.16.050 Movement of Heavy Vehicles & equipment Permits Required
  • Section 10.16.060 Combination of Vehicles - Width and Length Restrictions
  • Section 10.16.070 Permits for Variances
  • Complete Municipal Code

City of Brentwood Approved Truck Route (map)

  • Brentwood Blvd
  • Lone Tree Way
  • Balfour Road (between Brentwood Blvd and Walnut Ave)
  • Walnut Ave. (South of Balfour Road)
Frequently Asked Questions

Service Request
Report a Problem

Abandoned shopping carts garbage / recycle service, graffiti, potholes, street lights, traffic, water leak, etc.

After Hours Water or Sewer Emergency contact Police Dispatch (925) 778-2441

Quick Links

Other Resources

Key Personnel

Traffic Manager
Steve Kersevan, P.E.

Public Works Staff

Public Works Department
Traffic Division       (925) 516-5420
150 City Park Way       (925) 516-5421
Brentwood, CA 94513
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm