Effective Friday, January 7, all city facilities will be closed to the public until further notice due to COVID impacts. Please contact the service department directly should you need assistance via phone or email for the latest updates on service delivery during this time.
The Community Development Department will be closed to the public until further notice. In- person appointments will only be made if absolutely necessary and may be scheduled by calling the Community Development Department at 925-516-5405 Monday-Friday 8 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Permit Center – The City’s Permit Center on the first floor of City Hall will be closed to the public.
Customers wanting to submit applications, plans, and documents to the Community Development Department
Customers wanting to receive permits, plans, and documents from the Community Development Department
Building – Plan Checks and Inspections - Customers needing direct assistance from Building staff may email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (925) 516-5405.
Inspections must be scheduled through the City’s IVR by calling (925) 809-7930.
Community Enrichment - Residents can report possible code violations through the City's Brentwood Connect application: https://www.brentwoodca.gov/gov/pw/service_request.asp. Customers needing assistance from Community Enrichment may email: email@example.com .
Housing - General questions regarding the City's affordable housing programs can be submitted either by calling (925) 516-5305 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Planning - For any general planning or zoning related questions, customers may call (925) 516-5405, email: email@example.com.
Passports - Appointments for the processing of any passports are suspended until further notice. Passport services are currently available at the U.S. Post Office located at 18 Oak St., Brentwood. Phone: (925) 240-2065.
Economic Development Division staff is available to assist with questions and re-opening support for Brentwood businesses. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or:
· Methods of payment:
o Online - https://brentwoodca.gov/gov/finance/util/pay.asp,
o By phone – (925) 516-5415,
o By mail, or by using the drop box located outside of City Hall at 150 City Park Way.
· Staff will be available (8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday) at (925) 516-5415 or via email at email@example.com for service requests, to take a payment over the phone, or for general questions regarding your account.
· You may apply or renew your Business Tax Certificate online at: https://brentwoodca.gov/gov/finance/license/default.asp
· Applications for new or renewal business licenses are available on the City website. The applications can be mailed to City Hall or placed in the Utility Billing payment drop box at City Hall.
· Please email us at BTCmessages@brentwoodca.gov with any questions.
Accounts Payable – If you have questions about an invoice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at (925) 516-5460 and your call will be returned within one business day.
Staff will be available at (925) 516-5191 or email@example.com during regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Public Works Corporation Yard will be closed to the general public. Despite this closure, essential Public Works staff will be working and available during normal hours to respond to urgent phone messages. We want to assure our customers that our water treatment facilities, wastewater treatment facilities, garbage/recycling/green waste services, and critical street, traffic, and facility maintenance services will continue to operate to provide high quality essential services, and to protect the health and safety of our community.
PARKS AND RECREATION
Facilities Closed - through January 31st
Out of an abundance of caution and in response to concerns regarding the Omicron variant, the City of Brentwood will be closing the following Parks and Recreation buildings:
Brentwood Community Center
Brentwood Senior Activity Center
Outdoor Activity on Trails, Parks, and Playgrounds
· The Police Department lobby located at 9100 Brentwood Blvd. will be temporarily closed beginning January 7, 2022.
· Citation sign-offs and VIN verifications are handled on a case by case basis only, until further notice. Please call (925) 809-7911 prior to responding to the Police Department. Please be advised there may be fees involved.
· Vehicle releases will be completed by records staff or an on duty police sergeant as time allows.
· Fingerprinting services are available only on a limited basis, by appointment only, until further notice.
· We continue to encourage residents to use our online reporting system to report non-urgent crimes that are not in progress. The types of reports that may be reported on line are: Harassing phone calls, hit and runs, identity theft, informational reports, lost property, supplemental reports, thefts (property value under $950), thefts from vehicles, unauthorized use of credit card, Vacation Watch requests, vandalism, vandalism to vehicle, and custody order violations. The link to access the online reporting system is https://www.brentwoodca.gov/gov/police/reporting/report.asp
· All in-progress crimes and in-progress emergencies will be handled as usual. We will continue to be aggressive on apprehending people who are in our city committing crimes.
· We will be suspending citizen ride-alongs and police department tours/visitors until further notice. No meetings involving the public will be held inside the Police Department building during this time.
· Police Department Website https://www.brentwoodca.gov/gov/police/default.asp