Check Out What's New:
Fast Facts on the Water Conservation Legislation from the Department of Water Resources
Fix a Leak
2019 Annual Water Quality Report + Water Conservation
While the drought may be over, it is still important to use the water we have wisely and efficiently. In 2016 the following water use prohibitions became permanent:
- Do not irrigate landscaping within 48 hours after measurable rainfall.
- Do not irrigate with potable water between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- Washing of vehicles, trailers, boats, etc., must be done with a shutoff nozzle.
- Do not wash paved or hardscape surfaces.
- Fountains must recirculate water.
- New construction landscaping must be irrigated by drip and/or micro-spray systems.
- Public street medians with ornamental turf may not be irrigated with potable water.
- Drinking water will be served at restaurants only upon request.
- Daily linen laundering is optional for hotel guests.
Additionally, as a condition of service customers of the City must use water delivered through the city's system in a manner that promotes efficiency and avoids waste. See Brentwood Municipal Code 14.01.510.